Saturday, September 11, 2010

Long Time No See!


    Second day of Syawal 2010 and Alhamdulillah, finally I got to meet Amie Y, all hailed from the land of the hornbill; a good friend since UM days. Gosh, seriously it has been ages since I last saw her back in 1999 when we both graduated from UM where my family and hers met and sat together in one table for a meal. After that, everyone went separate ways. Life goes on as usual and then we lost contact since I too was posted to Sabah and the rest is a history of winding roads and out of sight, out of mind for a while.
            Thank God she found my house phone number in her old phone book (the days of no hand phone, sms or FB-ing)...and she made that one call to me. The rest is history. We got in touch once again and apparently she is married to someone from Kampar! Isn't that a miracle or a mere coincidence??? I think NOT! God is great as He made us cross each other's paths again no matter how long the time frame took us but in the end we meet again on the second day of Raya! 
            We had a long chat over her mom-in-laws 'rendang ayam pencen'. Oh how time flies but we're still the same. Amie's still the old chatterbox, 'kelam-kabut' person whom we all adore.
            And now she has one daughter whom at close proximity is her exact replica in terms of personality. Very much an independent lil' gal. Her husband is also a nice fella. Looking a bit like that Raihan lead singer a bit…ha ha from my myopic point of view, me thinks.
            We went to her sis-in-law's place as well since her husband invited us where again we feasted on a hot and spicy 'dragon's breath' bee hoon soup….'sambal kicap' included; seeing that red 'kuah' already made me realized this is no-kidding soup, man. It looks so red and mean. It surely will taste as fiery as it looks. And I was right.
          Therefore I minimize the 'sambal kicap'. My sisters were a bit unlucky since they took two heap spoonfuls of the 'sambal kicap' not aware of the red-zone soup…and they were all watery eyes and runny nose after a few spoons of the bee hoon….and me being a thick-faced person actually asked to 'tapau' the 'rendang tok' that her sis-in-law made. Hey, she didn't mind and gave us a full 'tupperware' of it. The cheeks. Me like.
            We chatted for some time and lingered on like nobody's business. Hey, after 10 years, and after all that online conversation nothing can beat like a face-to-face dialogue session. She was in a hurry since they had to go to Ipoh and Semenyih later on but we made a promise to see each other's again now that we already know her husband's kampong.
            The first day of Raya was all gloomy and rain but the second day, although a piercing hot weather was a better one. I'm actually quite happy today coz to me Raya is all about enforcing good relations between people that we know. Not the one who come like once every two or three years. As I see it, distance is not a problem. Eventually, the path will lead us back to where it started from.
   


No comments: